We consider our facility a stepping stone to greater responsibility and independence. Residents are encouraged to work to their highest potential, developing the confidence it takes to step toward independent living. We offer a variety of confidence-building programs and activities. Each resident brings their own talents, interests and ultimately, expectations to Mount Aloysius. Some may enjoy cooking, arts and crafts, sports or even gardening. No matter what their interest may be, we foster their abilities to build practical, real-life skills.
We provide many opportunities for physical and intellectual development and learning by challenging our residents both mentally and physically.
Some of the opportunities available to residents include:
- Sporting events and activities are scheduled throughout the year, emphasizing teamwork and strength.
- Fitness equipment and an outdoor track is available for strength training and cardiovascular exercise, walking and cycling to build self confidence, and promote good health
- Arts & Crafts- Latch hook, wood crafts, ceramics, seasonal decorations and other stimulating projects are offered year round to improve dexterity and foster creativity.
- Indoor swimming pool, complete with a built-in spa, wheelchair accessible ramp is available for recreational swimming and therapeutic activities.
- The Green House is used for the therapeutic skills of gardening are practiced including growing fruits, vegetables and a variety of flowers.
- Residents have the opportunity to plan, prepare and serve well- balanced, nutritious meals in the training kitchen.
- The Sensory Room provides specialized lighting devices, various sensory items, and calming environment. This room is designed to provide relaxation therapy.
Make A Donation:
Mount Aloysius on Facebook
Mount Aloysius Community Garden on Facebook